My first day in Tucson Arizona….I went shopping. I got to go to CATOS for the first time in my life! LOVE it there: P I wish we had one close to us!
That night I got ready to go to the first night of Harmony in the Desert (tape service). I left early with, Austin, Enoch and Hadassah. We were only halfway down the road when we got a call from my cousin Grace that a trailer was on FIRE! (yikes). We did a u-e in the middle of the road and headed back… (You see, my cousin’s livelihood is running a rather large trailer park). We drove back in and saw that it was a trailer right across from my cousins Jordan and Martha’s home! We all jumped out. It was total chaos! People were running around and smoke was everywhere . My Uncle, Austin, and some other helpful guys were taking turns inside, spraying the fire. And my cousin Enoch was on the roof spraying in. Jordan was spraying in the windows. Martha was on the phone with the fire department….(My cousins had already turned off the electric and gas)…. Hadassah, Brother Peterson, Lilly, Martha and I ran to the end of the road and started directing the Fire-engines.
We were all a little worried because the other trailers could also catch on fire. (One trailer’s side was already melting!). Then who knows what else would catch on fire! The firemen finally got the fire under control…(with no little help from my cousins)! 4 Fire trucks came, 2 ambulances and even a hook and ladder truck!
(The fire was a grease fire. The man who lived there had been cooking French-fries and had gotten a call from his wife. He went to talk to her in his bedroom and some sparks must have caught a curtain. The man barely made it out…he took his cat along.) (The trailer was totaled)…(needless to say, his cooking caused quite a stir)!
I then left to Harmony with some of the others who were able to leave. I made it just before it started!
Well that is what happened the first day of my trip!
More pix: ………
The pictures are not that good, sorry!
TTYL~
2 comments:
Ahhh! Its good the guy got out! It would've been even worse it the fire would've spread, like you said.
Ooh, sounds like your vacation has been quite eventful! Have fun!
Post a Comment