The Book of Man
By: William J. Bennet
(Author of: The Book of Virtues)
I was a little skeptical of this book…well mainly because it was called The Book of Man. But I was in for a surprise! Even though it is centered on men, it is positively wonderful reading.
This book is filled to the brim with short essays, profiles, speeches and poems. I enjoyed them all.
I believe my favorite parts were the Profiles. They were about different men doing their duty in the job force and at home. Basically short biographies! Some of the men were: Alvin York, Red Falvey, Coach Ken, etc. I found out about many new heroes that I never even knew existed! All the profiles were very interesting, and I found myself wanting to know more about the person they were written about.
On the other hand, this book is rather large and if you are not an advanced reader you may find that it becomes monotonous! I therefore recommend this book for 13+. But if you enjoy reading *it is a couple thousand pages long* Go for it! I also will recommend that you read it in segments.
Thank you for reading my review J And don’t forget, reading is healthy for you!
Sincerely,

1 comment:
Hehe ....I should try it sometime :)...and by the way I awarded you come and see at my blog...
Post a Comment