August 6, 2012

Tue. Goat Show.

Last week was our Fair week! Tuesday was the goat show, this year we showed five (5) goats. The show started at 8:00 AM. So, we had to get up a little earlier :)


Mom woke us “sleepy” heads up, around 6’ish and got us moving. We rolled out of our cozy beds and slipped into our clothing. Thankfully we had already gotten our *show outfits* ready the night before!
Then Mom French braided my hair while Joanna (a friend who spent the night) braided Abigail’s.

After a few finishing touches, we were off to the fair!
We made sure our goats were clean and "sparkly" and then off to see what the line-up was.

First the Market classes started and then (in a separate ring) the Fiber and Dairy Classes.

The Market Classes went as follows:
Lightweight
Medium-weight
Light Heavyweight
Heavyweight

There were 49 Market goats there this year.

There were also:  Boer breeding does, Fiber goats, Pygmy, Nigerian Dwarf, Crossbreed, Nubian and Alpine classes. (Of the above there was around 50 or so)
Then to round it all up there were Showmanship classes for different age groups!

Abigail showed first in Lightweight. Champion placed second in his class!
Abigail showing! 
 
Noodles and I 

Blossom and I 
She placed first in her class! 
Abigail and Mocha (She got first)
--- 
Lincoln and Jake (He got second)

Waiting for Showmanship to start

When all the classes were finished, it was time to start showmanship. I was so nervous!
Lincoln and Jake got a first place ribbon in their class! 
Abigail got Intermediate Showman Reserve Champion. W/Mocha

Blossom and I got a 4th

It was all very exciting! We even had our own little cheering group : )

My thanks to everyone who came to wish us well! It was so nice having you there and it really made us feel special :) Thank you Papa and Mom for all your hard work, I know it wasn't easy!
Well, that was show day :) I still have at least one more post to do about the fair.... which should come later this week!

    TTNP,
          
  Zoë

5 comments:

The farmer's wife said...

Congratulations on all the ribbons!! Good job! Sorry I wasn't there. Love your belt Zoe...;o)
So proud of ya'll!

Sarah Jane said...

Great job!! I bet you gals had tons of fun! You looked very pretty too. Love your pics! :)

Sincerity said...

What a beautiful day! And congratulations!

Asmita said...

Loved your blog and these pics :) Followed you,please follow me back at:http://aggirlforever.blogspot.in/

Katherine said...

Congratulations on all the ribbons!!
Oh and great pictures too!