{attention; long post}
Hello Friends! It’s me : ) I’m back to do another post about our local fair.
This year was such a blast, really, truly. It was so much fun, but being part of the action, {making things happen} made it so much better! This past entire week Abigail and I clomped around in our cowgirl boots…there’s this thing about wearing cowgirl boots at a fair. They automatically make you look like you belong there, ditto with big belts, ribbons and cowboy hats. Anyways, always wear cowgirl {cowboy} boots to the fair. End of thought.
Every single day we were at the fair! We were game for anything; from working in the fair eatery to cleaning out stalls; we even helped out with 4-H benefit auction.
Officially for us fair started on Thursday, when we went to Pen Set UP. Doing pen set up was muscle work,* thetypethatdoesn’tmakeyoufeelbadforeatingdessert* work. But it was still fun. It’s the time where you catch up on all the summer news and who’s bringing what goat to the fair news.
Friday was a lot of prep work, when we made sure all our tack was ready and the goats were clean. {Also the day I went with Papa to his work} We cleaned the house as well and got it ready for some weekend company. Then we took 5 of our goats to the fair and signed them in. * long day*
Saturday: Mom rushed around and got all the entries for the fair building taken over before close-out time. Mom, Abigail, Bethany and I came home for some last minute cleaning. While Papa and Lincoln took care of the goats and weighed them in. Then we all came home and ate some breakfast and then I had a siesta. @ 2 o’clock we left for the fairgrounds again for the little kids tractor pull. We met up with our company {Tom, Shannon, Ben and Abraham} then we all sat down and watched Ben and Bethany in their heats. There were almost fifty kids in the 4 – 5 age group signed up! It was so cute to watch them all pedal : v) Bethany did really well and so did Ben! After walking around seeing everything and getting re-acquainted with the grounds, it was finally time to see what we had placed in our “building entries”. It was really exciting! We got a few firsts, seconds and thirds! *yea* Then we came home to rest our weary legs, eat supper and fall into bed.
Sunday after Church we headed over to the fairgrounds for the Ham Barbeque. We also met up with some friends of ours and took them out-to-eat. Mel and Brenda are some wonderful coworkers of Papa whom we have gotten to know very well; this is our usual “thanks for being our friends barbeque” that we take them to every year. After we had all finished {or couldn’t finish} we went to look at all the different entries and show them around. It was so nice seeing them again!
-That night Abigail and I had a friend over; Joanna H. We got to have her for 2 whole days!-
Monday: We went early to watch Zach show his cows. In between shows we washed our goats and got them ready for the show on Tuesday. After all that we (Joanna (a friend), Anna (a friend) Abigail, Lincoln and I) worked in the fair eatery. It’s really a lot of fun, but sometimes when no one comes for a while…you wonder why you signed up! I got to be in CHARGE of the soup and pork barbeque part. Fun, fun! When our work hours were finished we ate. I had fries, hot-dog, whoopee pie and green tea. There is nothing like fair food! *end of day*
Tuesday was goat show day! The kind of day where you can’t get to sleep that night and can’t wake up in the morning! It was so exciting : ) We had been preparing ourselves and our goats for this day since like forever~! See blog post here.
Wednesday was a lazy day and we didn’t do much. We did go over to the fair that evening for the market goat auction; where we sold Blossom, Jake and Champion. That left only Noodles and Mocha at the fair!
Thursday was the Chicken Barbeque. *yum, yummy* That night Abigail, Joanna and I helped out with a 4-H benefit auction. We also cleaned our house for some company, who arrived that night!
Friday was the goat skillathon; Lincoln placed first in his class, I placed second in mine, and Abigail placed 4th in hers. We take the goat skillathon to see how much we know about goats. We took Noodles and Mocha home (because Mocha had gotten a cold). After that we then went and picked peaches with the S______!
Saturday was the last day of fair. *sob* @ 7in-the-morning Papa, Lincoln, Abigail and I went over to the grounds to bid goodbye…. actually we really went for pen take DOWN and all around cleanup. If you thought pen set UP was work, pen take down is the type of work*thatdoesn’tmakeyoufeel guiltyforeating2slicesofcake* work. After that everyone (in 4-H) helped out with general all-around cleanup.
*iky* Abigail and I got to be a part of the garbage crew. Not exactly a glamorous job. It is so disgusting to pick up other peoples garbage….slimy 5day old fries, sticky half- finished drinks, yucky melted candy with teeth marks, leftover ice cream (with ants on top). Let’s just say that I’d rather not think about it right now…..
On that happy note, fair ended for me. I enjoy fair with all its excitement, competition, nervousness and yes, work. With that being said, please enjoy this slideshow, which I have put together for your enjoyment. Tata!
4 comments:
Sounds like it was a lot of fun!
Hey Zoe! I'm Amber! I really like your blog and I also think your really pretty!:) Here is my blog- ising4jesus.blogspot.com I would lovvvvve for you to follow me!
Be a light in this world
Amber :)
Thanks for having me over! I had an awesome time with you girls like always!!! :)
Enjoyed the post and pics!
Enjoyed your fair video....i didn't get around to doing a fair post this year...wonder why?...congrats to everyone for doing so well at the fair! I can't believe you have a picture of the farmer's wife on your slideshow.....haha
The farmer's wife
Post a Comment