I have garden genes on both sides of the family, and can usually get things to grow…but this year it seems that time has been buzzing by like crazy! I really wanted to do some seed plants, but when I remembered again…..it was way to late : ( Well, maybe next year.
I saw this creative way to do seed starters and want to try it…. here is the link: http://www.simplyvintagegirl.com/blog/index.php/2012/03/26/eggshells-dirt-seeds/
Anyways, no one laugh at our tiny little garden this year (thus the name XXS), we do hope to have quite a bit of produce from it. Even though it is small!
--------
Even if we don’t have a huge garden, we do have a whole bank of ivy and also another separate bank of daffodil plants and a bunch of flowers and bushes; which makes for a lot of weeding! Mom also has her herb garden and potted plants but we really didn’t have any other things (like vegetables) until today…
Papa and Momma went on one of their Saturday shopping excursions and brought some vegetables and marigolds for me to plant, also some more herbs to go in her H-Garden (she got some new ones that can go in goat cheese).
As for the XXS Garden this is what we planted (no laughing anyone): 3 Tomato plants, 2 Zucchini, 2 Squash, 2 cucumbers and 6 marigolds.
A lot of work has gone into the XXS Garden….
I weeded
Papa tilled the ground (with a pitch fork)
Lincoln and Papa spread manure
Papa and Lincoln made me a path of bricks through the middle
I planted all the plants
Bethany watered
PIC Collage:
Thanks for stopping by!!
~Zoe

6 comments:
Yay!!! No one will go hungry in your house now! hehe....actually you will probably get alot from those few plants! Make sure you talk to them.....
The farmer's wife
Aww, this is sweet. I miss gardens
Well, it may be small but it's more than me. :) Chris from AR
Thanks for following, love your blog, ect......:)
Cute little garden you have! :)
Hey just come across your blog and thought I would leave a comment because I love gardening with my mum-we are growing tomatoes, peppers, chillies, peas, potatoes and different fruits.
Tanesha x
www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk
Post a Comment