Papa took Abigail and I hunting, by a dairy farm. Grandpa came as well, because us gals have to have a adult with us till we are 18. Thanks Grandpa!
Abigail brought her crossbow and I brought my rifle. But, I didn’t have any bullets... they were at home on the freezer. Thankfully Ungeddy (as Bethany affectionately calls; Uncle Eddie), brought them when he came, whew!!!
At 7:something Papa and I were finally situated at the base of a tree! Yippee : )
Abigail and Grandpa were stationed up the hill quite a ways.
Then Uncle Eddie began to walk for us.
I sat down while Papa decided to stand. I grabbed a nearby branch and broke a little piece off. For awhile I just cleaned the bark off the poor limbs. BUT THEN!!! I started making lil’ woodcarvings, with my nails (yeah, so talented)!
After a couple minutes I poked Papa in the arm…”Psst, can you guess what this is?
Um.......a stick of wood....? Nope, this is Lowly the Worm! (See the eyes and mouth?)
This is a giraffe! Papa: "really" .....me: Papa it has spots!"......Papa: "wondered what those were"....
This is mouse!!! (you couldn't tell?) Doesn't he look scary :o
Those are only some of my creations. There were 2 other ones that I lost : (
The one was a woodpecker and the other was a wild pig/elephant, okay…maybe I couldn't figure out what it was… Back to hunting.... We didn't see any deer this trip, only a few squirrels.
We came home at 9:00am, ‘cause it was getting really windy! We are going to go out tomorrow morning, wish us luck :[)
~Zippi
5 comments:
lol:) Very creative. :)
Love your carvings!! The giraffe is my favorite!!
Too bad you didn't see any deer but it looks like you had fun carving animals!
Good luck to you and Abigail tomorrow! :)
Maybe you should carry a pocket knife with you for carving...... ;0)
Zoe, Thanks for the chuckle. Here you had 3 serious hunters out there - Dad, Uncle Eddy, & Grandpa and you're carving twigs. You better make them each a pie just so they know how much you appreciated them going with you.
Congratulations on your deer.
we never hunt in our family well my brother has shot some birds but that was not too eat them. Oh what a great fall you are having.
Post a Comment