May 19, 2011

Peep - Tweet- Qua- PEEP!

Those are the sounds of the newly arrived add-ons to our farmerret...Yep, we got chicks and turkeys!!We decided that our other hens were getting to old and we needed to start a new flock and we also just wanted some turkeys for eating.

So Mom ordered them from Umbergers and they arrived today!!! (I hear them peeping in the corner)...
We (Mom & I) went over and picked them up this afternoon.

Hannah scooped out the chicks and stuck them in a box..

Some chicks in a box~

Then we went on to the check out with a bag of chick grower feed..

(@  the checkout)
Excited to get home! (I bent down to look into one of the "peep holes" and almost got my eye pecked out) (YIKES!)
Getting ready to move the chicks into their new home~

We are SO excited :)

We have 14 Hens (2 be)... 2 Cockrels, and 2 Turkeys!
The "hens" will be ready to lay in Oct :)



Farewell~
Zoe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had an awesome cashier ;) Did she give u a discount on that feed? ;) lol
come back and visit me again at umbergers! :)

HANNAH

♫book blogger said...

Those are TOO CUTE!!!!!!!

I love your blog!

I answered your question that you asked on my blog!

♥book blogger

Savories of life said...

Your blog is great!

I ahve always wanted chickens and turkeys. Some day maybe.
I see you have some French on your blog. Do you speak it? I do as I was born in Canada and lived there for 6 years.

Anonymous said...

Cool! Like the comment Hannah! lol!