May 28, 2011

Animal Update!

Hello folks!Well I'm back to post on the additions to our farmerret.
I guess I shall start off with the animals that take up a majority of our time...goats.


Our market projects are getting along well. We get out the goats and train them about 2-3 times a week *we should be doing this more*We go to 4-H meetings and showmanship classes now and then to renew our zest for this project! Here is a picture:
 --------------------------------------------------------------
This big guy is Billy Boy *I know, didn’t recognize him did you*. Yeah, he has grown a lot over the past few weeks...But he still has legs like toothpicks! I call him BB  because he is so shy he bolts away from us like a shot from a BB gun, and because of his name :) We need to work with BB to get him used to us humans; we will be selling him when he is old enough.

                                                         *PIX*




And this little doll is Mocha, she is Abigail’s new goat. Mocha’s mom (Cocoa) is not a good mom, she won’t let Mocha drink at all! So us girls have to put Cocoa up on the milking stand so Mocha can have her meals. Mocha has gotten very attached to us gals, she follows us around like a little puppy *I had such a hard time getting this picture*!  Isn’t she a cutie?!!?!
-----------------------------------------------------

A chick and 1 turkey did not survive chickhood. But the others are just fine!
Our chicks and the turkey...Well suffice it to say that its just like having a jungle bird soundtrack playing full blast and all the time :) I have made around 4 paper fans recently, we have to keep the house at 80 something degrees, and it gets rather hot around here. But they sure are cute! Whenever I feel very hot I just go over and look at those little popcorn-balls with legs.
*Awe*





Well thats all for now, talk to y'all later~
                     Zoë

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! The chicks are so cute. I love how fluffy they are. haha