March 1, 2013

The Doctors' Toolbox

Earlier this morning, my Mother and I were having a little “heart to heart” chat. I was sprawled out on the floor and she was reposing in bed. (These past few days have been rough on my Mom. She caught some type of virus or got food poisoning (not sure), and she hasn’t been able to keep anything down)
Well, we were talking about random things in life :) Then Lincoln walks in with his toolbox….
Lds: It’s time for your operation Ma’am
Mom: I’m nervous about that toolbox.
Lds: It only carries my doctors tools.
Mom: What you do have in it?

Lds: Well this goes over your mouth…
Mom: What???
Lds: To put you asleep…what flavor would you like to smell?
Mom: Uhum, cinnamon I guess.
Lds: Well, lemon is all I have.
Mom: Oh, Okay.
-(Lincoln exits to go prepare sleeping potion)-
Me: So, what’s the sharpie for?
Mom: Probably to mark the lines where he cuts me.
Me: Aren’t you even worried? Is he even out of school yet?
(Lincoln comes back)
Lds: I’m going to chain you to your bed now.
Mom: Okay, but don’t really chain me….
Me: Wait, I haven’t signed the consent papers yet. I think that needs to happen first.
-(Everyone ignores me; apparently Mom is impatient for the operation to get underway)-
-(I exit for camera)-
Mom: Doc’ how are you going to sew me back up?
Lds: That’s what the screwdrivers are for.
---------------------

Aren't imaginations a wonderful thing? Hope that little repertoire brought a smile to your face...
Have an awesome weekend!  Oh, and just in case you wondered, the operation was successful!

6 comments:

Anna said...

Kara and I were laughing while we read this...

Hope your mom gets better soon!

David and Christine Keller said...

Hahaha! That is funny! Young people have great imaginations!

Kara Lynn said...

Ahh so cute!

Anonymous said...

Just wondering what did DR Lincoln extract from your mother's body? Hope it wasnt anything that she needed....oh maybe he extracted that 'bug virus' from her.
You're a great reporter Zoe
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading this post, Zoe. Gave me a good chuckle!! :-) Aunt Carol

Elisabeth said...

I am so so glad you recorded this. What a humorous conversation... tape to cover her mouth. lol