March 29, 2013

An Arizona Mountain Man


“Cousin to cousin we’ll always be, Special friends from the same family tree”.
-Author Unknown
Dear Seth,
      Thanks for coming down to visit us this past week. (We had a wonderful time with you!) It was fun taking care of the calves with you, and getting to look through your telescope and see the moon a whole new way! But, for me, being able to set and talk with you was (totally) my favorite part of our time spent together! I especially enjoyed looking through all the pictures on your camera. You have taken some amazing photographs! I liked hearing each picture explained (I also liked watching the videos of those bobcats you trapped). You remind me of the mountain men from "way back then"....living off the land, exploring, hunting, trapping, and having exciting adventures! 
     As you can tell, I really enjoyed having you here... and I miss you!

                                                                                   Love,  (Your cousin)
                                                                                                         Zoë

These are some scenery pictures of Arizona, where Seth hails from!
(also taken by him)

Joe (a friend and taxidermist) teaching Seth how to cape a deer...
(While he was here Joe showed Seth how to mount a javelina Seth had shot)
Posing with the finished product!

This is a Coatimundi. Seth shot this one a couple months ago!
(I thought that was neat, because I had never heard of it before)
Teaching Abigail, doing work online and getting a massage .... this is the life!
going on a hike
Seth sighting his telescope on this.... 
....eagle!
Seth petting his favorite calf... # 76 
Imparting his vast knowledge to Lincoln :)
Final picture... 
Seth & I   :) (with Abigail in the background...why?) 
Saying good bye...



“Time flies when you’re with cousins”.
-Author: Me



Next post: Miss B Turns 6

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe a great post on a great nephew

Elisabeth said...

Glad you had fun with Seth. We missed him. Cute post!

Serenity =)

Seth said...

This is Seth.

After reading your blog I had to go look in the mirror to make sure I was still just plain old Seth. And lo and behold I had turned into the handsome, kind, strong prince you described in your post. :)

Enjoyed being back there. Lots of laughs.

Your Cousin, Seth

Elisabeth said...

Thanks for taking such good care of him. I loved the one of Lincoln rubbing his shoulders. That's royal treatment!

Love you all,
Auntie Elisabeth

Sanger Family said...

Looks like you had a great time together!

-Kaitlyn