September 8, 2011

Flooding & Tie*Dye

~Another double post~
As many of you know we have been having a lot of rain down here, as a result of Hurricane *Irene*.
We even have waterfalls in our backyard! Papa was not able to come home from work last night but he was able to get back today.
A little waterfall going down by our wood*pile
Please pray for; all those who had to evacuate, have their basements full of water, those who are mourning for their loved ones and also safety for those who are on the roads.
Seth left around 12:40pm today. We are going to miss him, but we are grateful that he was able to come visit us!  We love you Seth~

Driving to Keepers 
We saw people swimming... :) 
Under water 
*Corn*



Tie*Dye @ Keepers Class
We did tie*dye today at Sister Annette's  house. It was so much fun! She did a really good job of teaching us and helping us out. I cannot wait to see what our shirts turnout like, they are drying in the basement right now~
When everyone had safely arrived, Sis Annette started class with a couple YouTube tie*dye clips. We saw how to make a heart and a spiral, and how the Chinese do tie*dye. It was really neat!!!!
Tie*dye has been here in America since the early 1900s. It became popular during the (can you guess?),
60s "the hippie age". 
After these YT clips and short history lesson, we went over to buckets of (some type of water, where they had been soaking for about 20 min.) and rung out our shirts. Then we went and got our  "goodie bags", which were filled with the different essentials we would need; Rubber bands, gloves, instructions and paper towels. WE WERE ALL READY!
First we decided what design we wanted to do on our t-shirt, we had a lot of choices! I decided on a heart, Abigail did a spiral, Serenity did multi-color, Lincoln  did little bombs all over his shirt and Bethany did the same thing.

What should I do? 
Serenity & Joanna! 
Working hard~ 
Bethany and Mom, dyeing.

I picked lime green & pink!

Drying!


~Have a wonderful week~
Zoë

4 comments:

Mikailah Autumn said...

Wow.. I will be praying for the flooding. :(

And tie*die looks like fun! :D

Anonymous said...

Are you pleased with the result of your shirt? I was a little dissapoined, my colors kinda mixed to close together, but, oh well, it was a learning lesson! Nice pics...looking forward to the next post...
btw...strites posted on #4...=D

~Kaitlyn

Anna said...

Thank the Lord for His protection!

The shirts sound like fun. Your whole group can match now! :D

Mikailah Autumn said...

Hey, Zoe! :) I had a quick question... did you delete your other blog? Because I cannot get a feed for it. Thanks!

Blessings,
Mikailah~xxxx