July 4, 2011

An Opossum Came to Sunday School….and….Then it Bit my Finger….

No, I’m not writing this post to say that I now am in the hospital *nothing quite like that*…But wouldn’t that be a rather interesting post? (Come on now!)
I am writing this to say that I am now a “professional opossum trainer”.                                           
Ok, for all those who read the previous sentence and believe it…don't...its not true. BUT wouldn’t that be interesting?
------Alright, enough of that!
This *previous* Sunday we had a funny little visitor come into our classroom: his name was Pouch :  ) and (as some of you may have already figured out) he is a opossum.
~Bro. Tom and Ben brought him along
 *Pouch was picked up beside a chicken coop when he was a tiny baby and is now being raised by them*
Every morning for breakfast he has a omelet (sounds good) and he has other various “people food” for the rest of the day. His favorite food is egg : )  He has a hairless tail, hairless paws and beady *marble* eyes.
By the way, I learned a neat fact yesterday…if a opossum is overweight the whites around his eyes will show! That isn’t hard to believe if you have ever “looked into” an opossum's eyes. They stick out : ) to be honest with you, they look really strange!! 
Oh and they named Pouch, pouch because of the pouch a mother opossum carries her little ones in.~
The kiddies did a color page, listened to a story cd about the mother opossum that Bro. Branham talks about, and played with the opossum.                                                                                                             I think that they liked picking it up by the tail best! The tail curls around your hand... because opossums use their tail to balance : )
It was a very fun filled class! Here are two pictures:
 I am a helper in this class!


    Have a happy 4th everyone!
                         Zoë


4 comments:

Mikailah Autumn said...

That is soooo cute! How fun! When we lived in Ohio, my dad found a opossum, and it tried to bite him. It was huge too! It weighed over 10 lbs. Yikes!!! :)
Have a blessed day, Zoe.
Mikailah

Anna said...

lol:) - It's cute! I guess I hadn't really thought of opossums as cute before..

Neat!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! I wish I coulda seen it! haha Oh and I vote for the post of you being in the hospital! jk hahaha!

Like the postie

*Life on a farm* said...

Faith liked this post. She's partial to possums of course. She would like one for a pet.