April 10, 2011

4-H Project, GOATS

~I have been in 4-H since I was 8 yrs. Old~ I started out in the Lebanon Chicken Club (I quit this club after 2 years). Then I went on to 4-H Friends (where I still am enrolled),(Abigail and Lincoln are now in this club with me)… now this year I’m also in the Lebanon Goat 4-H club… of course Abigail and Lincoln are with me too!!!!~
~For the past few years us “kids” have been very interested in showing goats in our local fair. At first we only wanted to show our crossbreeds, but then we got into the “spirit” of things and yesterday... we went over to some fellow 4-H’ers and purchased our first Boer goats, for $50.00 each (great price). 
Each of us got a goat: Abigail’s is a boy and his name is BUCK, he is the friendliest of our three :)  Lincoln got a girl… her name is STARLIGHT, she is our only girl. Then there is ***Tyler*** :) he’s mine!
I am really excited about our 4-H goats… Buck, Starlight and Tyler are going to be living with us till the end of July (fair week).
                                                                                     
Here are a couple pictures!
Buck


Tyler


Starlight


-Buck-


Lincoln catching Starlight :)


Starlight and Buck


***TYLER***


Farewell~                                                                                                                                           
                          
            Zoë
                                           


3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

What do you mean they will be living with you? Are you selling them? $50 for a Boer is a VERY good price compared to out here in AZ.

Anonymous said...

They will be living with us till July, because they are market goats and will be sold at a auction.
I know! This one guy wanted 150...so we thought we would go with the cheaper goat :)

Zoe

Anonymous said...

They r qt!