March 21, 2011

Beautiful Blooms~

Last Keepers meeting we learned how to make some beautiful flowers for your hair~
It's so much fun (and so easy!), that thought I would do a post on it :)




For this fun craft you will need:

*a flower shaped cookie cutter (any size is great!)
*some fabric
*scissors
*a button
*glue gun
*sharpie
* pin or alligator-clip for the back




Step 1:
Trace the flower onto the fabric using a sharpie

Step 2:
Trace on five flowers, then cut them apart



Step 3:
Cut out flowers

Step 4:  Pick the flattest flower shape to be your base, put the rest of your flower shapes into a nice little pile. Take a shape from the pile to make your first petal!

 
 Step 5:
                   F old flower shape in half, put a line of glue down the middle and squeeze

Do all the petals!

Step 6:
Glue petals onto base




Step 7:
                                     Pick out button to go in the middle, then glue on!
 Add a pin or alligator-clip to the back~ TADA!


 
Here are a couple other flowers that I have made:  
Enjoy :)
I used a circle shape for this one, instead of a flower!




There are so many diffrent things you can do to make your flower unique!

Here are some ideas:
Zigzag the edges, using diffrent colors of fabric for each petal, use a ginger bread man cookie for the petal shape, putting a smaller flower in the middle of a bigger flower....The possibilities are endless! Make a flower today :)

~Zoethy

3 comments:

Kara said...

Ooh! Those are REALLY cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Zoe, those are QT!! I wish I could of have been there. Thanx for the directions! =)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't quite get that...... You fold the flowers in half to make the petals? Grace from Kentucky