November 6, 2012

I Went to a {Gospel} Concert



4 girls, a concert, gospel singers, high anticipation, night out, music, and 1 chaperone!
What could be better? A night out with girlfriends and other kindred spirits to enjoy a night of gospel music...Could you blame us for being excited, giggly, hyper and totally thrilled?
We couldn’t wait for the concert to begin!
The Collingsworth, The Hoppers & Tribute Quartet were on the program for the night.  Settling back into our seats we waited as the lights dimmed and the concert began. Tribute Quartet came out on stage and we climbed the clouds into 7th heaven!
We decided that our favorite song by Tribute was  Homecoming Day [listen for yourself]!
[right to left]
Riley Harrison Clark,Gary Casto, Josh Singletary & Anthony Davis


Tribute Quartet whetted our musical appetites, then The Hoppers came out! [You might know them from one of their “hit” songs:  Jerusalem]  
The Hoppers

And last [but not least] The Collingsworth Family! Perched on the edges of our bench we listened to them sing and climbed a little higher {all the way up to cloud 6}….what awesome harmony! Listen to this: I Found it All
Collingsworth Family

After a short intermission we came back for more… When the concert was over [4 hours later], we pushed our way through the crush of people, then we stopped {in the freezing cold} to have our chaperone take a picture of we girls, by a lovely bush… for y’all [and to prove we had been there]!
Kaitlyn, Joanna, Me & Abigail ;)


Then we had a short stop @ Micky Dees for smoothies {and a Peppermint Mocha for the chaperone} After that we headed home for a sleep {less} sleep over! A perfect way to cap the night off, dontcha think?


{compliments of an i-pod}

 ~It was a wonderful night-out with you girls, I loved it and had such an awesome time...thanks for wanting to go! Thanks for being such a willing cohort Papa, you were the perfect chaperone ♥


~Well, I hope you have a very wonderful rest of the week...
                   
             ♥ Zoë


5 comments:

Joanna said...

Thanks so much for inviting me to go along!!! I REALLY enjoyed it!!! and had a blast with you girls!!! :) I liked how you linked some of our favorite songs on the post!

Anna said...

Enjoyed this! Thanks for posting! :)

Katherine said...

Sounds like you girls had fun! =)


I'm hosting a gift exchange if you would like to join!
http://www.alifeworthliving-katherine.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-your-birthday-gift-exchange.html

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast. Heard the funny story about "Connie" Hopper, from Kate LOL
Chris

Shannon said...

What a sweet time... dear friends, praise and worship in song, and smoothies to end the night. ;)

Blessings,
~Shannon~