June 7, 2012

Strawberry Picking With Friends!

Sometime during this past week Mom got a call from one of her friends....it was about going strawberry picking with them. We always like to have some strawberry freezer jam and frozen strawberries (for smoothies) around…so Mom said “yes”!


On Tuesday we got our containers together and drove over to the strawberry patch to pick!


We weighed our buckets and they showed us where to pick at.  Then the picking began :)
{The pickers}
It was a lot of fun and there was plenty of chatting! But even though we talked, we still picked!

Our Grand Totals:
Aunt Jeanine and Joanna: 15 pounds (Aunt Jeanine had also been to pick a few days before)
Us: 45 pounds


Our strawberries!
All the messy hands!!



After weighing in and paying, we headed home!

At home Mom and I made all the strawberry’s into jam and also put some in bags to be frozen.
Now we are all stocked up for the year!


Thanks for stopping by :)
Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone!


9 comments:

Katherine said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I love strawberries! Now you made me want some! LOL

Meredith Sledge said...

So fun! I've ALWAYS wanted to go strawberry picking!

Anna said...

Our family has done this many times...It's fun, isn't it?

We're growing ze berries in our garden this year, thus there probably won't be a whole lot of trips to our local patch.

Sanger Family said...

Love the pics... John has given us over 40 qts. of strawberries this year so we haven't had to go pick any! :)

~Kaitlyn

Anonymous said...

Strawberry looks so delicious!! Nice red and so pretty! They would make a very nce pie! I made freezer jam this year too!

Aunt Robin

Emma Kate said...

Hi Zoë!

I just want to thank you sooo much for following my blog, The Ramblings of Emma! I hope I can go pick strawberries some day. :)

~Emma
www.emmakate101.blogspot.com

ThePixie said...

Aw what a fun time! Strawberry picking with friends is a great way to spend the day

Jessica Spurlock said...

I love strawberry picking! :)

AmberLauver said...

I had to buy my first jar of jelly in YEARS this week because I didn't have a chance this year to can. Wonder if there's catcus jelly here in TX? lol Hey, I'm glad I found your blog, Zoe! Now I can keep track of ya'll.